Dr. WONG Long Chi, Rinna
Programme Leader, ASOCSCAPSS
Programme Intended Learning Outcome
Upon successful completion of this programme, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate civic and social awareness, cultural, and historical awareness, and explain their relationships with real world issues;
- Apply the main perspectives, orientation and methods in the discipline of social sciences in a wide variety of professional contexts;
- Apply interpersonal, communication, information technology, quantitative and analytical, critical thinking, problem solving and self-directed lifelong learning skills in their personal and professional work settings;
- Identify their interest and ability in a specific field in the discipline of applied social studies;
- Relate the major ideas in arts and humanities, science and technology to their own field in the discipline of applied social studies.
Further Studies Pathways
The table below is not exhaustive and only aims to show some examples of the Bachelor's degree programmes offered by UGC-funded institutions which have admitted our past graduates from Associate of Social Science in Applied Social Studies (Guidance & Counseling/ International Studies/ Urban Studies). Our graduates also articulate to various overseas degree programmes offered in Hong Kong.
City University of Hong Kong
- Bachelor of Social Sciences in Applied Sociology
- Bachelor of Social Sciences in Public Policy and Politics
- Bachelor of Social Sciences in Criminology
- Bachelor of Social Sciences in Environmental Policy
- Bachelor of Social Sciences in Psychology
- Bachelor of Social Sciences in Social Work
Hong Kong Baptist University
- Bachelor of Social Sciences (Honours) in China Studies
- Bachelor of Social Sciences (Honours) in Government and International Studies
- Bachelor of Social Sciences (Honours) in Sociology
- Bachelor of Social Work (Honours)
Hong Kong Polytechnic University
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Social Policy and Administration
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Social Work
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Applied Ageing Studies and Service Management
- Bachelor of Social Science (Honours)
The Chinese University of Hong Kong
- Bachelor of Social Science in Gender Studies
- Bachelor of Social Science in Global Studies
- Bachelor of Social Science in Psychology
- Bachelor of Social Science in Sociology
- Bachelor of Science in Gerontology
The Education University of Hong Kong
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Liberal Studies Education
- Bachelor of Social Sciences (Honours) in Global and Environmental Studies
- Bachelor of Social Science Education (Honours) in Greater China Studies
The University of Hong Kong
- Bachelor of Social Sciences
- Bachelor of Social Work
- Graduates of this programme will be equipped to apply their expertise in a diverse range of careers including community and social service, business and administration, counselling, and education and training.
Main Subject Areas
ASocSc Applied Social Studies is a unique programme that comprises two stages. The first stage consists of general social sciences and general education courses. In the second stage, students select courses in one of the concentrations, to acquire specialized knowledge and skills.
- Guidance and Counselling?
It develops students’ abilities to help others solve their problems. It also lays a theoretical foundation for students to pursue further study in this area.
- International Studies
It enables students to understand the dynamics of international organizations, and the history of China and East Asian countries and their relationship so as to cultivate a globalized worldview.
- Urban Studies
It broadens students’ understanding of the sociopolitical and economic development of Hong Kong and builds up students’ knowledge and competence in urban development and planning.
General Education Courses
Four courses to be chosen from all of the following domains:
- Arts and Humanities
- Science and Technology
- Society and Organisations
Programme Specific Entrance Requirements
No programme-specific entrance requirement
Mode of Study
Kowloon Tong Main Campus
Room 5322, Li Dak Sum Yip Yio Chin Academic Building
City University of Hong Kong
83 Tat Chee Avenue, Kowloon Tong, Kowloon, Hong Kong
[Kowloon Tong MTR Station Exit C2]
Telephone: (852) 3442 9764
Fax: (852) 3442 0162